Friday, December 26, 2008

Pictures!

It's been quite a week. There's been the bittersweet of my first Christmas away from home with new faces. There's been the triumph of managing to do a little shopping without a chaperone and of learning to navigate the city, the little treats of new words and their rewarding uses. There has been the mystery of my first visit to the state church and complexities of each new thing I learn about my host country, and the challenges of meeting more students and working through my training.
Most exciting for the you though, my friends, is that I've got pictures to share.

Above is Frank the rabbit checking out the view from my room.






This is the view inside the apartment complex. Notice all the little gardens people have put out on the roofs and all the different types of metal?

Everyone hangs laundry out to dry- notice all the clothes on the balconies?



Below is my room, looking back toward the living room. My clothes rack is actually a ladder- the standard type around here. The hinges are simply a single 8d nail. :/


The shot to the left is our tiny tiny kitchen. We got an oven for Christmas (toaster oven sized) so we can bake now too!

This is the intersection I can see from my room, at a fairly quiet moment of the day. It's always busy!
One really nice treat recently was getting to hear a song from one of the staff members from Tibet. I have no idea what the lyrics are, but it was quite impressive! I managed to catch most of it on video:

1 comment:

babbler said...

This was a very interesting blog for me to read as I have done a fair amount of travel myself - I loved reading about your observations, how to travel, what to wear, and especially the part about taking things with you that make you feel pretty - it becomes part of the fun to see how many variations you can come up with regarding your attire in a limited wardrobe. I would follow this blog, but I don't see a way to do it, so if you come and visit my blog, I will most certainly come back to see where you will go next! Your photos are excellent, and I especially like the one with your bunny looking out the window! Happy New Year to you! From "Mrs. Slug"